Monday, July 5, 2010

Heavy Leather NYC ROAD TRIP part 1



The HEAVY LEATHER NYC down south road trip part 1!!!! I LOVE the south. I haven't been down there in years and never really got a chance to really appreciate it. DUDE. Especially Texas, where the people have as much pride as New Yorkers... I have a new found appreciation of America, vintage shopping, BBQ ribs, cowboy boots, tight jeans, mustaches....yeessss.....I'll get to telling ya'll about my Texas insanity later. I'll start with Kentucky.....

June 15- 1st destination: Cave City, Kentucky. Me and my friend Malia drove (at 6 a.m.) something like 10 hours straight from NYC. Gotta love the 70 mph speed limit once you leave NYC... in a new car that has working A/C and windows that roll up all the way... 4 functional speakers (my last car I blew all speakers but 1 listening to Man O War at top volume). The new car is named METALLICAR!!!!!
We made a stop along the way for some food in a nice college town....

This is my friend Malia...


And me...


Medieval clouds!!! Some extreme weather hit the south right before we left...


We got to our 'motel'- a bunch of concrete wigwams with A/C and cable! But no party here... we found out 30 miles too late that it was a 'DRY' county... I had no idea there was such a thing. Dry= no liquor. After a 10 hour car ride we couldn't even drink a beer. Who knows what the locals must be 'brewing' at home! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment